Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

We have more cookie baking going on here! Have you begun your holiday baking, or organizing your baking yet? Here is another cookie that is simple to make, but the flavour is amazing, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. Yum!!

12 Responses to Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

1. Charlotte Moore December 14, 2011 at 8:47 am #

I was wondering if I could substitute the tapioca starch and use arrowroot. I have everything else. I am just practicing with some GF recipes.

• Jeanine December 14, 2011 at 8:50 am #

I don’t think that would be a problem, Charlotte! Happy Baking!

2. Tamara December 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

Another serious winner! Thanks for posting these cookiie recipes. I love pumpkin and cookies and snickerdoodles…what’s not to love? Hail the cookie! LOL

3. Angie Halten December 14, 2011 at 8:23 pm #

Snickerdoodles were the very first thing I baked in my grade 7 Home Ec class (many many years ago!), and they are still my favorite cookie. Can’t wait to try your variation!

4. Jenny December 15, 2011 at 7:38 am #

Made the Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. Mmmmmmmm… very good. We like the pumpkin and spice combination! Thanks so much!

5. Katie M December 17, 2011 at 1:20 am #

I made these tonight and used better batter flour instead of the mixture + xantham gum. The texture is amazing, and while they are good they just aren’t sweet or pumpkin – like for us :)

6. Sara December 18, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

I made these today. SO good! I used Bob’s Red Mill All-purpose GF flour in place of the flour blend and it worked perfectly. Thanks for another yummy recipe! :)

• Jeanine December 20, 2011 at 9:51 am #

Nice! I’ve never tried the Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose GF flour, glad to hear that it worked well though!

7. Genee' October 26, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

Thank! I have missed Oatmeal! :D. I am so happy it is delicious! BUT, now I have to make your Snicker doodles for hubby! ;-)

• Genee' October 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

Hubby is home and LOVES it! He usually doesn’t like oatmeal!

8. shannon October 9, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Hi there,
    Do I have to use xanthan gum???

• Jeanine Friesen October 9, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

If you are using an all purpose gluten-free flour that contains xanthan or guar gum, you don’t need to add it. Otherwise, it is added to help the dough mimic dough that contains gluten. It may work, they may just be crumblier than they should be.