Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

Believe it or not, next week is already the middle of February. Not only does that mean we are half way to March, but it also means that it is Valentine’s Day. We don’t do much here to celebrate Valentine’s, whatever we do, is to create memories for the kids. We have the red and pink heart shaped vinyl window stickers, a few shiny hearts hanging around, and we usually try for some sort of “Valentines-y” supper on the 14th, complete with a decorated table. Sometimes it’s a fancy supper with a “fancy-to us” meal, which my husband enjoys, or sometimes it’s just a fun red and white theme dinner, which my kids enjoy.

Whatever the dinner or decorations for the day are, we do usually try to have a dessert or snack that scream “Valentine’s” just by it’s appearance. Sometimes it’s chocolate, other times strawberries, but today, it’s chocolate and raspberries. These cupcakes can either be baked in standard cupcake size, or in the cute mini cupcakes (I love using the mini muffin pan with paper liners, they are so cute!).

These cupcakes are lighter-than-air but they are heavy on the chocolate flavour with a hint of raspberry as well. The frosting is made pink with raspberry purée, but also gets a great raspberry flavour from some raspberry extract. Topped with a juicy, plump raspberry, these cute cupcakes are sure to make your Valentine feel loved.

20 Responses to Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

1. gluten free gift February 8, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

YOWZA! It’s been awhile since I visited your great site… and cupcakes are within my culinary capabilities. Thanks so much for your inspirational site!

2. Angie Halten February 8, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

Looks delicious! Although I will have to triple the amount of icing on each one to satisfy my sweet tooth!

• Jeanine February 9, 2012 at 9:06 am #

Haha, yeah, you can up the frosting if you’d like. :)

3. Lisa @ GF Canteen February 9, 2012 at 9:48 am #

Those are just beautiful, Jeanine! I love raspberry with chocolate and adding rasp. puree to it is a great idea. Can you send me one?!

• Jeanine February 9, 2012 at 9:53 am #

I’ll trade you for some of those brownie cake pops. ;)

4. Betty Reimer February 10, 2012 at 8:14 am #

Looks fantastic Jeanine! These cupcakes say “Happy Valentine’s Day” in a beautiful way!!

5. Melissa February 12, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

Hi there, Melissa here from Food Bloggers of Canada. Just popping by to check out your blog and let you know we’ve added you to our Membership Directory. Welcome aboard!

• Jeanine February 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

Thank you very much, Melissa! :)

6. Cook It Allergy Free February 13, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

Oh my goodness. These are absolutely adorable. Seriously! These definitely scream Valentine’s Day! And your photos are totally gorgeous. :)

7. Terris @ Free Eats February 21, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

Beautiful cupcakes and lovely photos Jeanine! These would definitely make someone feel special. :)

• Jeanine February 26, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Thank you, Terris. :)

8. Karri March 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

Hi Jeanine,

These look great! I was wondering……do you think instead of using the different flours I could just substitute for 1 1/2 cups of GF all purpose flour? I don’t have any sorghum flour but I’d really like to make some yummy cupcakes :)

• Jeanine March 1, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

You could try it, but since I haven’t tried it, I can’t say if it will work or not. Let me know how the results were if you tried it! :)

9. Joyce Bryant April 24, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

I’ve been following your site, but haven’t actually baked anything until these.
    My daughter was so happy that these cupcakes actually tasted like cupcakes! Thank you so much! I will definitely be using your recipes. Thanks for making my daughter smile :)

10. April @ The 21st Century Housewife February 13, 2013 at 8:43 am #

These are such beautiful cupcakes. I love chocolate and raspberry together. Thank you for sharing them :)

• Jeanine February 17, 2013 at 10:47 am #

My pleasure, April! Fruit & chocolate can be such a great combination. :)

1. Weekly Gluten-Free Roundup – February 12, 2012 « Celiac Kitchen Witch - February 12, 2012

[...] [...]