Piña Colada Parfaits

Earlier this week, my friend Lyndsay contacted me in a panic. She is hosting her husband’s boss and his wife for a cocktail/dessert party, and the wife is gluten intolerant. Not sure what to serve, she turned to me for help.

For me, the hardest part was figuring out which recipe to create for her. Lyndsay is an amazing cook, but still a fairly new baker. I didn’t want her to have to run out and buy a bunch of ingredients she may never use again, and I didn’t want her to worry about using the wrong products and accidentally get the boss’ wife sick.

I decided that these Piña Colada Parfaits were the perfect cocktail dessert for her get together. A rum-infused pineapple curd is layered with a thin cream cheese layer, and topped with coconut flavoured whipped cream, and toasted coconut flakes. The perfect ending to the evening.

I look forward to hearing how Lyndsay’s cocktail/dessert party goes. As a matter of fact, on Monday we will all be able to watch her make this dessert on her Youtube channel, Charmed.

This recipe is linked to Weekend Potluck.

11 Responses to Piña Colada Parfaits

1. Melaina from Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery April 20, 2012 at 10:59 am #

Oh. My. Goodness. These look truly phenomenal! What an elegant yet light dessert to serve! Seeing as how it is Friday.. I’m thinking I might need to use up the fresh pineapple in my fridge with this recipe! :)

• Jeanine April 20, 2012 at 11:03 am #

Oh, I would have loved to use fresh pineapple, but mine on the counter isn’t quite ripe yet. I’m thinking that it should work quite well, just pulse it in the food processor, or even dice it up and add enough pineapple juice to make 19 ounces. Yum! Happy Friday!

2. Lyndsay from CHARMED April 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

You, my dear friend, are Just. That. Fabulous. I can’t wait to make these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jeanine April 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

So glad that you like them, Lyndsay! I can’t wait to see the video on Monday! :)

3. Betty Reimer April 20, 2012 at 10:40 pm #

Oh this looks amazing..I’m trying this one!

4. Lady April 27, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

Just wanted to say I made it, had to use all pineapple juice no rum in the house. Shared it with some friends and they all loved it. Thanks for such an easy and great recipe.

5. Shirley @ gfe April 28, 2012 at 7:07 am #

Finally making it over so I can comment here. I could make the all pineapple juice version and have one of these for breakfast … IF I had all the ingredients. MUST make that grocery store run! These look exceptional, Jeanine. Lucky dinner party guests those will be! Special thanks to your friend for not only looking out for her dinner guests, but also creating something wonderful for them … thanks to her dear talented friend, Jeanine! :-)

xo,
    Shirley

6. Heather Porrill August 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

I love the toasted coconut, makes it look so great.

• Jeanine August 9, 2012 at 11:06 am #

Thanks, Heather! I saw that big, chunky coconut, and had to buy it. Then find a way to use it. :)

7. Carina April 15, 2014 at 7:15 am #

I just calculated the nutritional information for these so I figured I would post it just in case anyone needs it.

1. Naturally Gluten Free Roundup #4 – April - April 27, 2012

[...] Piña Colada Parfaits by Jeanine of the Baking Beauties (used with permission) [...]