Gluten-free Snickers Cupcakes

Before having to eat a gluten-free diet, my first choice for candy bar would probably be a Coffee Crisp. Mmm…those chocolate bars are special to me because my Grandma would occasionally treat us with a Coffee Crisp when we were at her place. But now, Coffee Crisp bars are off the list so I had to find a new favorite candy bar. That wasn’t difficult; when I found out that Snickers bars are gluten-free, they were an obvious choice. Peanuts. Caramel. Chocolate. Nougat. They are like the 4 ‘food groups’ of the candy world. And if you like a Snickers bar as is, you should really try freezing it. I like to stash a bag of fun-size Snickers bars in the freezer; the kids don’t think to look in the freezer for candy, and I can indulge in a nice cold, sweet snack every once in a while. Yum!

15 Responses to Gluten-free Snickers Cupcakes

1. Cara May 14, 2012 at 10:58 am #

I used to buy a big ol’ Snickers bar and a snack-sized bag of Doritos and call it lunch :) So Snickers have a real soft spot in my heart, just as these cupcakes will have a designated spot in my stomach. They look gorgeous! xo

• Jeanine May 14, 2012 at 2:08 pm #

Thanks, Cara! There is just something about Snickers, I’m glad that I didn’t have to give them up. :) Have you ever tried them frozen??

2. Kate @ life's precious moments May 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

Wow! These look fantastic! I can not get enough of your recipes :) I made your gf waffles over the weekend and they were so delicious! Great work :)

• Jeanine May 14, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Thanks, Kate! I just read about your whirlwind weekend, sounds fantastic! And I’m really glad to hear that the waffles were a hit too. :)

3. Gary Reeves May 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

Recently diognosed with early stage prostate cancer, any recommendations for diet?

4. Wendy May 16, 2012 at 4:49 am #

Yummilicious i love snickers looking at the cupcakes makes me drooling ;p can i use cake flour or all purpose flour instead i can’t find those ingredients at the baking supplies shop here e.g. antham gum, sorghum flour if yes what is the amount of cake flour i should use for this recipe. I love cakes with buttermilk the taste and texture is moist n soft. I hope u can advise me on the flour use, its okay if it is not gluten free…;0 And i should try to make ur peanut butter frosting yummy yummy…oya can i omit peanut butter to nutella?Thanks for sharing!

5. Wendy May 16, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Thank you Jeanine for your prompt reply :)

6. Carrie April 28, 2013 at 9:33 am #

For anyone doesn’t do dairy and you want a sub for buttermilk in recipes, I have successfully been able to use home made coconut buttermilk in recipes in its place. the ratio is 1 Tbsp of vinegar/or lemon juice ( I use Apple cider) per 1 cup of coconut milk. Let it sit at least 5 min.
    The same works for regular milk too if you don’t have butter milk in your home or just don’t want to buy a whole Carton.
    Thank you for this cup cake recipe! Can’t wait to try.

• Jeanine Friesen April 28, 2013 at 6:25 pm #

Yes – great substitution ideas, Carrie! thanks for sharing!

7. Alliesong January 10, 2014 at 3:26 pm #

Thank you. They turned out beautiful, taking them to share with our GF school mates for movie night tonight.

• Jeanine Friesen January 13, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

Wonderful! I’m glad that you liked them, Alliesong!

8. Deb Howard March 16, 2014 at 9:03 pm #

Jeanine, our family just recently removed gluten from our diet in a team effort to help heal up our 7-year old’s severe skin problems. I’m so appreciative of all the time and effort you and so many other bloggers out there have put into developing recipes like these! I’m having so much fun learning to cook in this new way, and I haven’t heard a single complaint about missing out on our weekly pizza delivery night or a favorite dessert, because there’s nothing wrong with living in a gluten free world that involves Snickers cupcakes! I whipped up a batch of these tonight since my in-laws were coming to stay with us, and they were a huge hit. Thank you again!!!!

PS: in just two weeks, our daughter’s skin sores have almost completely disappeared, and she itches about 75% less than she normally would. She keeps saying “I feel like I’m starting a new life!”

Deb

1. Weekly Gluten-Free Roundup – May 20, 2012 « Celiac Kitchen Witch - May 20, 2012

[...] [...]