Friday Finds ~ Second-hand Scores {June 8, 2012}

I LOVE Friday’s!! Do you?? I love sharing my second-hand finds with you guys because I know you get it! Everyone loves a deal (especially in this day & age), and with everyone having such an abundance of “stuff”, and a short attention span, the things you can buy second hand are very often quite nice (although, beauty is in the eye of the beholder).

I found these fabulous magnetic containers, which can be used for spices or any other array of “things”. Each container has a see-through lid, and a magnet on the back. It comes with this neat stand which can either stand like a book holder, or can be attached to a wall with screws. I’m still not sure what I want with it, but for $2, it was too good to pass up! I’m sure I’ll find a use (yet). ;)

A utensil trivet for $1.00. Again, not quite sure where it’ll go yet, but it can be used as a trivet, and it can be hung on the wall, so I know I’ll find a use for it yet. I just liked it, it’s kitchen related.

A candle lantern for $2. I liked this as is, but have an urge to paint it. I’ve got plans for this one…once I’ve made the ideas a reality, I’ll be sure to post a new picture for you. ;)

That’s it. Not much going on this week here, hopefully find a few more things the coming week. Garage sale season is going to slow down a bit once the kids are out of school. I just don’t think any amount of juice boxes and granola bars could keep them going for the hours that we put into it. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone! In case you missed it, here are the posts from this week:

Gluten-free Devil’s Food Cake with Mocha Buttercream

Kid’s Snack themed “Why Didn’t I Think of That?” Wednesday

6 Responses to Friday Finds ~ Second-hand Scores {June 8, 2012}

1. Cindy @ Hun, What's for Dinner? June 8, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Great find Jeanine. My boy with be happy to garage sale hop all day, but my daughter would definitely get bored, LOL.

• Jeanine June 8, 2012 at 9:03 am #

Haha, I know what you mean! My kids LOVE going to garage sales, but even they have a limit! :) Gotta take what we can get though.

2. Heather Porrill June 8, 2012 at 9:22 am #

Raining here today so I am hoping to still find a few sales tonight and tomorrow. Otherwise there are no sales for me this week. I did pick up a second hand book yesterday though for $2, Land o Lakes Butter cookbook, great book with a picture of every recipe, I love the pictures.

• Jeanine June 8, 2012 at 9:25 am #

That’s a great find! Land o’ Lakes has great recipes online too. I haven’t found any cookbooks in a while now, at least nothing that isn’t weight watchers or microwave cooking. lol

3. SusanH June 8, 2012 at 10:47 am #

I like the magnetic storage containers and stand. I contemplated putting one inside my cabinet door – just could not decide if it would hold pins, rubber bands etc or something edible. I love the candle lantern and yes I can see it painted also – sounds like you are having fun.

• Jeanine June 8, 2012 at 10:56 am #

I know, the possibilities of that holder are just too great! :) Even if it ends up getting used for the kids crafting stuff, it’ll still get used, eventually. It’s a lot of fun, not sure what we’ll do when school is out and the sales slow down, might only have one or two items to feature then, but I’ll keep at it as long as I can. :) Maybe even throw in some re-purposed items that I’ve done. (at least that would give me an excuse to work on some of those projects, hehe)