Gluten-free Chocolate Pudding Cake

You’ve all been in this situation before. The one where you need dessert FAST. Maybe a friend popped by unexpectedly, and you’d like to serve something. Maybe you need a chocolate fix, and we know you have to satisfy that one fairly quickly, or it’ll bother you forever. Or, maybe you just like warm cake with a built in mocha flavoured sauce. Whatever the reason, this recipe is sure to fill the void. The top bakes up into a beautiful cake with a crisp top, but underneath is a thick, warm, coffee flavoured chocolate syrup that completes the dish. Spoon some out into a bowl, and top with ice cream if desired. This cake is best served warm, but allow to sit for about 10 minutes before serving.

And in case you missed it last week…

You can find my Gluten-free Mexican Lasagna recipe featured on Mommy Moment.

20 Responses to Gluten-free Chocolate Pudding Cake

1. katie July 9, 2012 at 8:28 am #

Ohhh looks wonderful. So rich and idulgant. A must try.

2. Jeanine July 9, 2012 at 9:28 am #

Thanks, Katie! It was good. Let me know if you try it!

3. jennifer July 9, 2012 at 7:57 pm #

do you think it would work without the espresso and using coconut milk?

• Jeanine July 9, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

I see no reason that wouldn’t work, Jennifer! I just like adding a mocha flavour when I do chocolate. ;) Feel free to make those changes, I’m sure it’ll still turn out great.

4. Jennifer July 9, 2012 at 8:11 pm #

Does the type of milk matter…ie, whole vs. Lowfat vs. Skim? Thanks.

• Jeanine July 9, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

I just used 1%, I don’t think it would greatly change the outcome.

5. Jenn July 10, 2012 at 7:04 am #

I love chocolate pudding cake, I make it at least once a month I think :) very good with ice cream!

• Jeanine July 10, 2012 at 7:29 am #

Oh, my kids would love if I made it once a month. :) And it’s so simple to do too! Thanks for popping by, Jenn!

• Jenn July 11, 2012 at 9:47 am #

OK you’ve inspired me, I made some chocolate pudding cake today!

6. Shannon July 10, 2012 at 11:28 pm #

Oh wow! I had no idea something so outrageous could be easy! But what ever do you do with left-overs (should there be any, that is…)?

• Jeanine July 11, 2012 at 5:53 am #

We actually had a few leftovers. Just popped them in the fridge and reheated slightly in the microwave. :) Worked great!

7. Cathy July 12, 2012 at 8:10 am #

I want this NOW!!! YUM!

• Jeanine July 23, 2012 at 8:12 am #

Oh, it is GOOD!! :) Try it, Cathy!

8. Laurel July 29, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Ooh, chocolate pudding cake and no pesky eggs to replace. Yum yum!

• Jeanine July 30, 2012 at 7:27 am #

Hey, look at that! Easier to deal with when you don’t have to replace the eggs!

• Laurel July 30, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

No kidding. When you’ve said that, you’ve said a mouthful. You could probably put it up on FindingVegan.com if you add (or non-dairy milk) in the appropriate places. I know everyone gets tired of people grumbling but seriously egg allergies can be the absolute worst for a baker. Like, I don’t think Angel Food cake is anywhere in my future. haha This recipe though, will be going directly into my belly very, very soon. Thanks for posting it. :-)

1. Chocolate Pudding Cake - July 11, 2012

[…] For another great looking gluten free version, be sure to check out Jeanine’s gluten free chocolate pudding cake over at The Baking Beauties. […]

2. Weekly Gluten-Free Roundup – July 15, 2012 « Celiac Kitchen Witch - July 15, 2012

[…] […]

3. Gluten-free Devil's Food Cake With Mocha Buttercream - May 9, 2013

[…] a few of you, but I would venture to say, you are the minority.   I know I love chocolate cake, any kind of chocolate cake, especially if it is covered in frosting. This moist, rich Devil’s Food Cake fit the bill […]

4. Here are 16 Gluten-Free Recipes to Help You Celebrate National Chocolate Pudding Day! | All Gluten-Free Desserts...All the Time - August 7, 2013

[…] Chocolate Pudding Cake from The Baking Beauties ~ Of her recipe, Jeanine says, “The top bakes up into a beautiful cake with a crisp top, but underneath is a thick, warm, coffee flavoured chocolate syrup that completes the dish.” […]