Gluten-free Oatmeal Blender Pancakes

TGIF! We’ve made it to another weekend! On the weekends I love having breakfast that does not consist of cold cereal. Nearly every weekend, we have pancakes. I do, however, try to change it up a bit, adding fruit one time, chocolate chips another. Topping them with homemade syrup, or apple sauce. We’re not usually eating the EXACT same thing each weekend. But, I also like to change up the pancakes that we eat, playing with new recipes, tweaking and changing things along the way. These pancakes are super simple to put together, and healthy to boot! All you need is a blender, and a frying pan, and you’re set to have a great hot breakfast in no time.

29 Responses to Gluten-free Oatmeal Blender Pancakes

1. Heather Porrill July 13, 2012 at 9:32 am #

These sound good, and yes I can almost smell the maple syrup.

• Jeanine July 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Thanks, Heather!

2. Margaret A. Massey July 13, 2012 at 11:10 am #

Thanks. Will have to freeze some for later but this is the first time I am really hungry for pancakes in a long time. ~ Margaret

• Jeanine July 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

I’m sure you can freeze them individually and take out what you need, although I’ve never tried it, leftover pancakes is never an issue here. :)

3. K. Cooper July 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm #

This is perfect! We need a quick lunch and I’ve got the ingredients (except for the chia seeds, but we’ll make it). Pancakes for lunch it is!

• Jeanine July 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Awesome!! My kids love pancakes for lunch too.

4. Meredith July 13, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Yum! I’ll be making these tomorrow for breakfast!

• Jeanine July 13, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

Awesome, let me know your thoughts, Meredith!

For those that are making them, but sure to blend for 2 minutes! If you skimp on the blender time, your mixture may not be thick enough!

5. Cathy Bray - The Hungry Hollow July 13, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

I have all the ingredients!!!!!! I am making these tomorrow for breakfast!!! Thanks my dear friend :)

6. Katie July 14, 2012 at 12:49 am #

Mmmm look fabulous!

• Jeanine July 23, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Thanks, Katie!

7. Cathy Bray - The Hungry Hollow July 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

I made these for breakfast!!! They were fantastic! Thank you Jeanine! :)

• Jeanine July 23, 2012 at 7:56 am #

yeah!! So glad to hear that, Cathy!! :)

8. sheena July 15, 2012 at 12:20 am #

Great recipe! Does any one have calorie and serving size info? Thanks :)

• Jeanine July 23, 2012 at 8:02 am #

If you make 10 pancakes with this recipe, it is about 120 calories per pancake (according the the calorie calculator on SparkRecipes.com )

9. Sharleen July 29, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Thanks for your recipe!!! Made it this morning – delicious!!!!

• Jeanine July 30, 2012 at 7:26 am #

Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback, Sharleen! It’s always great to hear how recipes work (or don’t work sometimes) for others. Glad that they were a hit!

10. Lindsay July 31, 2012 at 9:43 am #

Just wondering if you could use 1 T. ground flaxseed in place of the chia seeds… would flax be a good substitute? Will it compromise the texture of the pancakes?

• Jeanine July 31, 2012 at 10:33 am #

I think ground flaxseed would be a great substitute for the chia seeds, and it should not affect the batter either. Enjoy!

11. Dee Johnson September 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Made these today and they are so delicious! Because it has a banana in it, they almost taste like banana bread. I thought next time I could add some blueberries… or nuts… or chocolate chips. :) Love how easy these are. <3

• Jeanine September 6, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Oh…now you’re thinking! :) might work best to sprinkle those on after pouring the batter though. But they’d be tasty!

12. GwenH August 4, 2013 at 9:46 am #

Thank-you Jeanine, these were awesome pancakes!!!! I didn’t have buttermilk so I just used milk with lemon juice, and used a little more ground flaxseed. We had homemade cherry syrup on them.
    Next time I make them I’ll put in some blueberries… I didn’t think of it today… love blueberries in my pancakes.

• Jeanine Friesen August 4, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

So glad that you liked them, Gwen! They are pretty tasty (and super simple, right?). Mmm… Cherry syrup! Nice!

13. Lisa August 4, 2013 at 10:17 am #

I just found your site and am in LOVE. Making the oatmeal blender pancakes for Sunday Brunch with a Rhubarb syrup for my darling hubby who loves Rhubarb. Thanks so much for posting so many delicious recipes!

• Jeanine Friesen August 4, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

Welcome here, Lisa, and thank you! Hope you husband enjoys the pancakes, I bet rhubarb syrup would be fantastic with them!

14. business.ayatec.net February 3, 2014 at 12:28 pm #

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems?
    A couple of my blog audience have complained about my
    website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in
    Opera. Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

15. Candice Dowhaniuk May 19, 2014 at 12:33 pm #

WE LUV’d the Oatmeal Blender Pancakes…thx so much for sharing the recipe!!!

1. Weekly Gluten-Free Roundup – July 15, 2012 « Celiac Kitchen Witch - July 15, 2012

[…] […]

2. Gluten-free Recipes for the Holidays - The Baking Beauties - December 8, 2012

[…] Gluten-free Oatmeal Blender Pancakes […]