These Gluten Free White Chocolate and Peppermint Cookies, filled with white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes, are the perfect quick drop cookie that will add a little flare to your cookie platters.
I haven’t really ventured into anything ‘minty’ before. My husband is not a fan of mint, and so I never bothered baking with it. But now that the kids are getting older, they are showing a fondness of mint, especially during Christmas season. These cookies combine the mint of a peppermint stick with the smooth, sweetness of white chocolate chips. Delicious, if I do say so myself. Sort of like a seasonal chocolate chip cookie. I think Santa will be pleased to find these waiting for him on Christmas Eve, if there are any left.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes (about 7)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift all remaining dry ingredients together to mix well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter, sugar & egg mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Form into small balls (about 1 1/2 tsp each) and place on prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2" between cookies.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still slightly doughy. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Want more minty goodness? Check out the recipe for my Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate over at Mommy Moment.