Another cookie for you, Mr. MP

Take a look at what I received in the mail yesterday – it is a letter from my local Member of Parliament, Mr. Vic Toews, congratulating me on winning the “My Cookies are the Best” contest, hosted by Manitoba Canola Growers! Although I’m sure he’s busy with other more pressing matters, it is kind of neat (in a funny way) to get recognition from your government.

Congratulations Letter from Vic Toews

I think that’s a nice little boost during Celiac Awareness Month. Now if only we could get a law passed that would require all chefs and wait-staff to be educated on the seriousness of what “gluten-free” means to those of us that require a gluten-free diet, possibly by making it a larger part of the Food Handlers Certificate courses that are taught by the government. Unfortunately, “Minister of Public Safety” doesn’t cover what the public eats. ;)

10 Responses to Another cookie for you, Mr. MP

1. Genee May 3, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

Congratulations! I am so proud of you and it is so nice that your government took the time to do this for you!!! You have given so much of your time to give, give and give more! It’s nice to be appreciated and they are watching you! ;-)

• Jeanine Friesen May 4, 2013 at 7:33 am #

Aw, thank you very much, Genee! :)

• patricia May 4, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

Thank you very much for all the recipes you provide for all Celiacs. Believe me I greatly appreciate it very much. Also it is about time for you to be recognized with all the hard you do for everybody. I will surely make these donuts Thet look so delicious. Keep up the good work Thank you again.

2. Bryna Bear May 4, 2013 at 8:27 am #

Wow! Congratulations! I’m going to print that recipe now and make it this week.

• Jeanine Friesen May 6, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

Thanks, Bryna! Hope your family enjoys the cookies as well!

3. dana May 6, 2013 at 1:38 pm #

Yay! That’s quite neat! I can’t believe a gluten-free cookie won a contest! I’ll have to try this recipe. I tried one of your others a few weeks ago and it was yummy. The store-bought gluten free stuff is generally so awful that I had given up until I tried your recipe.
    Thanks!

• Jeanine Friesen May 6, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

Oh, store-bought can be good in a pinch, but it’s not nearly as good as homemade. :)

1. Canada's First Food Bloggers Conference, Eh? - The Baking Beauties - May 9, 2013

[...] with the Be Well readers, was interviewed by the Manitoba Co-operator, and most recently received a letter of congratulations from my local Member of [...]

2. Canada’s First Food Bloggers Conference, Eh? | Cookies At The Discount Store - August 18, 2013