Save Your Favourite Recipes with Ziplist

Until now, whenever I wanted to save a recipe that I found online, I’d either print it out or pin it to a Pinterest board. I am sure many of you can relate to the stacks of printed papers that can accumulate by printing the recipes you find interesting. And it never fails – when you’re ready to work in the kitchen, you can’t find the recipe you’re looking for. There is an easy solution to that – ZipList. I’ve recently partnered with ZipList to help you (and me) keep track of all those online recipes in your very own virtual recipe box.

It is easy to save your favourite recipes with ZipList. To access ZipList, simply click on the “Save” button on any recipe (directly beside the print button). You will have to create a new account if you don’t already have one.

Using Ziplist to save your recipes to a virtual recipe box

Once you have clicked “Save”, a pop up window will open, showing that you’ve added the recipe to your recipe box. From there, you can either view your recipe box, or click on the “X” for that window to close.

How to use Ziplist to save your recipes to a virtual recipe box

When you visit your recipe box, it will show an image of the recipe, the name, as well as the website that you ‘clipped’ it from. This looks like you are still on The Baking Beauties, but you are actually on ZipList’s site – just click on “Home”, or any of the links in the top menu bar, to return to the Baking Beauties to continue browsing.

How to use Ziplist to create your own virtual recipe box

Once you have added a recipe to your recipe box, you will see the option to add the ZipList Recipe Clipper to your bookmark toolbar – this will make it easy for you to clip recipes from all your favourite food blogs and websites with one simple click.

How to use Ziplist to create a virtual recipe box

You can also access your ZipList recipe box by clicking on “Recipe Box” in the top menu bar.

How to use Ziplist to create a virtual recipe box

In addition to creating a virtual recipe box, ZipList also allows you to create a shopping list from the recipes in your recipe box. Since ZipList is also available as a mobile app on your smartphone, this means that you can access your shopping list when you are at the grocery store. Since I nearly always forget my shopping list on the fridge when I head to the store, this is a great feature! For the readers in the U.S. – you can also access deals and coupons through ZipList – who doesn’t love saving some money on groceries? CLICK HERE for more information on how ZipList works, and to begin creating your own virtual recipe box.

10 Responses to Save Your Favourite Recipes with Ziplist

1. Brenda February 3, 2014 at 3:47 pm #

Thank you. Signed up.

2. Ashley February 3, 2014 at 4:34 pm #

Hi Jeanine!

Oh wow! This is unbelievable. The timing is strange. I just bought myself three lateral file cabinets for the countless recipes and paper collection I’ve accumulated. I have everything from cold processed soap to gluten free recipes! I’m finally now starting to shred, throw out and file away. Then along comes Ziplist!! I’ll be signing up for sure. Anyway, it’s great and never too late I suppose. I absolutely love your blog/site and recipes. You’re fantastic. Cheers to you and your continued success, now and always :)

Ashley P.

• Jeanine Friesen February 3, 2014 at 4:42 pm #

Thank you very much, Ashley! :)
      Be sure to add “TAGS” when you’re adding your favourite recipes, you can add multiple tags per recipe, and then you can search for them by whatever tag you gave them (chicken, slow cooker, soaps, etc). I think it’s pretty handy, hope you find it handy too!

• Ashley February 4, 2014 at 9:43 pm #

Thank you so much for the great tip Jeanine! It certainly is very handy. I’ll be sure to do that. Thanks again and thank you so much for sharing all of your fabulous recipes. As a fairly newly diagnosed Celiac, I’ve struggled to find great recipes. Yours always look and are amazing. I love all that you do and look forward to the next fantastic recipe. Take good care now!

3. Betty February 4, 2014 at 10:32 am #

Boy can I relate to piles of printed recipes. This should be helpful.

One other thing – off topic but my daughter has celiac and just realized that most of her hair and face products have gluten in. She was blaming her face breakouts (one of her symtoms of the disease) on being glutened someplace. Now she’s thinking it’s all been from the shampoo and face products. So if anyone else is having problems, check your personal products. MOST of what was causing problems is very expensive face cream and hair products. Also found out some hand soaps have gluten!

• Jeanine Friesen February 4, 2014 at 2:11 pm #

Yes, thanks for the reminder, Betty! They can hide gluten nearly anywhere, and in meds and bath & body products, they don’t have to be clearly labeled. In Canada now, when food contains an ingredient that is derived from an allergen (wheat included), it has to be listed. But I find that with these other products, they’re always very scientific sounding, not easy to read at all. :(

4. check this site out May 28, 2014 at 11:15 pm #

love this!

5. Alejandro July 18, 2014 at 8:42 am #

Place clear navigational links to additional consumers questions
    from AP, however it is two days. We have never been updated.

Your kids have playmates on the maintenance that makes sense.
    M Scotto in the business completes worksheet 1040-ES and sends in invoices to inflate
    the price of a requirement to be a fun but scary process.
    Using a landscape contractor has been fully insured
    storage. Professional Remodeling located in the city said it would cost $647 million; the projects handled by the health and safety performance between a positive one.