Onion rings and I go way back. I remember being a small child in the backseat of my parents lime green 2-door Nova, sitting on the parking lot of the A&W, waiting for the carhops to bring our food. I always had onion rings & a small rootbeer. I remember my brother telling me that [...]
Archive | Appetizer RSS feed for this section
Well, spring is arriving here. Our snow (on our yard) is nearly all melted. Woohoo! Today is actually a dreary, cloudy, rainy day. The perfect day to use your slow cooker! Dig it out, you won’t be disappointed with this soup.
This recipe was submitted by my Mom. It is a fantastic twist to a regular jello salad. The flavours are really great, and the sour cream doesn’t make it sour, but rather, makes it very creamy. Delicious!
We use quite a bit of Catalina salad dressing at our house. Mostly when we have taco salad. When I had that on the menu for the evening, and realized that I didn’t have any dressing at home, I looked into my cookbooks. I found this recipe in one of those wonderful Church compilation cookbooks. [...]
I was hungry for a broccoli soup the other day, so my little boy & I went off to the grocery store to find some “trees” for our supper. I have never really had a problem getting either of my kids to eat broccoli, so I knew this was going to be a meal that [...]
I’m sure we’re all familiar with the broccoli & cauliflower salad that sometimes has bacon or raisins in it. This recipe is similar to those recipes, but I think it is bumped up a notch. The dressing is cooked, but don’t let that stop you from making it. It is a little bit more work, [...]
This soup is so easy to make, but has such a great flavour. We all really liked this soup, right down to the 3 year old. My husband even asked that this recipe be put into regular rotation. It’s a nice change from the Veggie Chowder that I usually make.
This is one of my favorite dips to make from scratch. Why buy a packet of seasonings, not knowing what is in there, when you can easily whip up this dip in a matter of minutes. It is great with a variety of dipping veggies, or with a good thick ripple chip. It will also [...]
We’ve now pulled the tomato plants in the garden. Frost set in last night, and we didn’t want to bother with covering them to prevent them from freezing. But, we did get our fair share of tomatoes from them before pulling them. This recipe is one of the examples of what we’ve done with them. [...]
Find what You’re Looking For!
- The Best Gluten-Free Cinnamon Buns (or Rolls, if you prefer)
- Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes
- Homemade Fondant that Tastes like Buttercream
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars (the Way Lemon Bars Should Be)
- Gluten Free Penne with Chicken and Pesto
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Homemade Granola Bars
- The Ultimate Sticky Monkey Bread
- Another Wonderful Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Homemade Gluten Free Granola
- Diagnosis: Delicious – Living Gluten-free to Treat Celiac Disease
- Canada’s First Food Bloggers Conference, Eh?
- Another cookie for you, Mr. MP
- Symptoms of Celiac Disease
- Gluten-Free Spicy Chicken Taco Salad
- How to Save Money When Buying Your Beef
- Gluten-Free Dutch Oven Cheddar and Beer Bread
- April 2, 2013 ~ Update
- Gluten-Free Layered Carrot & Cheesecake Cake