This past weekend we celebrated Easter, as did many of you, but I also celebrated a birthday! It isn’t often that my birthday lands on Easter, but since it did, I figured I would make a cake that would be perfect for both a birthday and Easter. A week or so before my birthday, [...]
Archive | Cakes & Cupcakes RSS feed for this section
I have been trying to find ‘the’ pound cake recipe for a while. I’ve had as many errors as trials, and just felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere with it. Last week, when I just wanted to play in the kitchen for a while, and not have to experiment with figuring out the flours, [...]
I have had my eye on Hi-Hat Cupcakes for years already. What is a Hi-Hat cupcake, you ask? Well, in this cake, it is a chocolate cupcake, topped with a HIGH swirl of a marshmallow-y frosting, which is then dipped in chocolate. They are so cute! They remind me of chocolate dipped ice cream [...]
This stunning cheesecake features a pecan crust, a creamy cheesecake swirled with cinnamon and brown sugar, topped with warm caramel sauce; all the components of a perfect cinnamon bun. This dessert is also naturally gluten-free, so it is perfect for those that are entertaining guests with a gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
Some of you will remember that last year I entered Kraft Canada’s “Real Women of Philadelphia” contest. Despite my best efforts, I was not victorious in that contest. After taking a break from cream cheese, I decided to enter their last contest, “Cheesecake of the Year”. This is one of the recipes I created for [...]
This moist cake stays fresh for days on the counter. Although it doesn’t require a frosting to be enjoyed, it is tasty topped with sweetened whipped cream, or chocolate frosting.
I love simple recipes for bars or squares, simply because it takes less time than making cookies. You just put it all into the baking pan and put it in the stove. No more work needs to be done, you don’t have to change out pans, let things cool, etc. Just mix it, dump it, [...]
You’ve all been in this situation before. The one where you need dessert FAST. Maybe a friend popped by unexpectedly, and you’d like to serve something. Maybe you need a chocolate fix, and we know you have to satisfy that one fairly quickly, or it’ll bother you forever. Or, maybe you just like warm cake [...]
Happy Canada Day!! Well, nearly. Canada Day is quickly approaching (July 1st, for all of those that are not fortunate enough to be Canadian), so The Canadian Cookies, a group of food bloggers from across Canada that met during last year’s Real Women of Philadelphia contest, thought that we would bring you all some Canadian [...]
Find what You’re Looking For!
- The Best Gluten-Free Cinnamon Buns (or Rolls, if you prefer)
- Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes
- Homemade Fondant that Tastes like Buttercream
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars (the Way Lemon Bars Should Be)
- Gluten Free Penne with Chicken and Pesto
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Homemade Granola Bars
- The Ultimate Sticky Monkey Bread
- Another Wonderful Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Homemade Gluten Free Granola
- Diagnosis: Delicious – Living Gluten-free to Treat Celiac Disease
- Canada’s First Food Bloggers Conference, Eh?
- Another cookie for you, Mr. MP
- Symptoms of Celiac Disease
- Gluten-Free Spicy Chicken Taco Salad
- How to Save Money When Buying Your Beef
- Gluten-Free Dutch Oven Cheddar and Beer Bread
- April 2, 2013 ~ Update
- Gluten-Free Layered Carrot & Cheesecake Cake