I have always been a huge fan of Jamie Oliver. It all started back when he was just a bachelor with a neat flat and a scooter. Now, he’s grown into a family man on a mission to make the world a better place, one lunch cafeteria at a time. So, he is a man [...]
Archive | Rice RSS feed for this section
I have a confession. For the first 30ish years of my life, I was a picky eater. We’re talking no onions. No peppers. No mushrooms. And definitely not any different kinds of cheeses & veggies. Phew…now I feel better. The good news is, I made a choice to try new things, new flavours, and new [...]
First off, thanks to everyone for the kind comments regarding the changes that have been going on around here. So far, I’ve only heard positive things. (Yeah!) There are a few things in the works to make navigation even easier. If you ever have any suggestions of what you’d like to see here, please let [...]
Our Chinese take-out at home wouldn’t be complete without a fried rice. My husband & I love the fried rice, but both kids would rather have a noodle dish. But, we really enjoyed this one. Next time, I think I will do less soy sauce though, it got a little bit stronger than we like [...]
This rice pilaf was simple, full of flavour & makes a great side dish.
Rich, comforting & smooth. All words I’d use to describe this slightly cinnamon-y rice pudding. I used 1% milk with some heavy cream in it, and it worked perfectly. The amount of rice to milk is actually correct, although I had my doubts.
What a nice, easy, quick & tasty side dish this was. I will be keeping this recipe in my ever-growing stash.
What a nice treat this was! I have made Mexican Rice in the past, but it has never turned out this good. This rice is not sticky at all, and although it has a mild tomato colour & flavour, it is not dominating in this side dish, as it is in my other recipe. Needless [...]
Find what You’re Looking For!
- The Best Gluten-Free Cinnamon Buns (or Rolls, if you prefer)
- Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes
- Homemade Fondant that Tastes like Buttercream
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars (the Way Lemon Bars Should Be)
- Gluten Free Penne with Chicken and Pesto
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Homemade Granola Bars
- The Ultimate Sticky Monkey Bread
- Another Wonderful Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Homemade Gluten Free Granola
- Diagnosis: Delicious – Living Gluten-free to Treat Celiac Disease
- Canada’s First Food Bloggers Conference, Eh?
- Another cookie for you, Mr. MP
- Symptoms of Celiac Disease
- Gluten-Free Spicy Chicken Taco Salad
- How to Save Money When Buying Your Beef
- Gluten-Free Dutch Oven Cheddar and Beer Bread
- April 2, 2013 ~ Update
- Gluten-Free Layered Carrot & Cheesecake Cake