Grandma's Peanut Brittle
- 2 cups shelled peanuts
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease. Arrange peanuts in a single layer on parchment paper.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat sugar gradually over medium/medium-high heat. Stir constantly until a golden syrup.
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt, baking soda & vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour syrup over peanuts.
- Break into small pieces when cooled.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2008/12/grandmas-peanut-brittle.html