- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices gluten-free bread crumbs soaked in 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 tins gluten-free tomato soup
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 3 bay leaves
- Combine beef, rice, onion, egg, bread, milk, salt and pepper. Form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs and place in greased casserole dish.
- Combine soup, cream & bay leaf. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2009/02/porcupine-meatballs.html