- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package unflavoured gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large container Cool Whip, defrosted
- 1 can blueberry or cherry pie filling (I used sliced strawberries and glaze)
- Boil together water, sugar and gelatin.
- Add vanilla and sour cream. Allow to cool.
- Add Cool Whip and mix thoroughly. Let stand 2-4 hours.
- Then add topping of either cherry or blueberry pie filling.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2009/03/russian-salad.html