Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 15 ounce can pumpkin (or fresh cooked equivalent)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (see note)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a pie plate (I use a 9 1/2-inch Pyrex pie plate) with some oil.
- Combine ALL ingredients (including the whipping cream), and mix until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pie plate, and bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes. The pie is done when a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Top with desired topping (real whipped cream at our house).
If you do not have evaporated milk on hand, you can substitute by mixing 1/3 cup dry milk powder with 3/8 cup water. This yields 1/2 cup.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2009/10/crustless-pumpkin-pie.html