Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups featherlight flour mix (see note)
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 taespoon baking soda
- 2 taespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (I did from one orange)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 2-3 Tbsp orange juice
- enough icing sugar to make a slightly thick pourable icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (with sweet rice flour) a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, top with the glaze (optional), let dry, and wrap in plastic wrap.
The featherlight flour mix that I use is from Bette Hagman. It is as follows: 3 cups rice flour, 3 cups tapioca starch, 3 cups cornstarch, 3 tablespoons potato flour.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2009/11/gluten-free-cranberry-orange-loaf.html