Gluten Free Retro Jello Cake
- 1 vanilla cake mix (enough to make one 9x13-inch cake); I used Bulk Barn's Vanilla Cake mix with great success.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small package cherry flavoured Jello
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Bake vanilla cake according to package directions.
- Once you have removed the cake from the oven, take a fork or skewer and poke the entire cake full of little holes.
- In a measuring cup, mix the boiling water and Jello mix. Once Jello is dissolved, slowly pour over the cake, being sure to get the entire cake covered.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, spread the Cool Whip over the top of the cake. Decorate with fun sprinkles if you're serving to the kiddos, they love the sprinkles. :)
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2010/08/gluten-free-retro-jello-cake.html