Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (I used one small can, drained)
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reducing heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes, until heated through. Mix in the black beans and cilantro. Can be eaten warm or cold.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2010/12/quinoa-and-black-beans.html