Gluten-free Gingerbread Waffles with Pear Sauce
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (see note)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Spoon into preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers' instructions. Serve topped with pear sauce.
- In a mediums saucepan, combine the pears and the water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the pears can be easily mashed with a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup and brandy. Stir well. Serve over Gingerbread Waffles.
4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (not flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch. Combine all ingredients in a large zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2011/10/gluten-free-gingerbread-waffles-with-pear-sauce.html