Gluten-Free Baked Apple Oatmeal
Author: Jeanine Friesen
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 chopped or shredded apple of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour into lightly greased baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. This would be great topped with some ice cream or whipped cream too.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2011/02/gluten-free-baked-apple-oatmeal.html