Gluten Free Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup white sugar (less if you want)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs and stir to combine.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients, and stir until few lumps remain.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Best served warm.
The all-purpose gluten-free flour mix that I use is from Cybele Pascal. It is as follows: 4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (not flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2011/03/gluten-free-buttermilk-cornbread-muffins.html