Chocolate Cranberry Date Bars
- 1 cup whole dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- pinch salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (start with 1 tablespoon, if mixture is still sticky, add another tablespoon)
- Place roughly chopped dates and dried cranberries in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, just to warm it up slightly.
- Transfer to food processor and pulse until the dried fruits form a thick, rough paste (doesn't need to be smooth though).
- Add salt, walnuts, honey and cocoa powder.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment (or waxed paper) lined container (I used a container measuring about 9"x4"). Firmly press mixture into container, and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Remove from container and, using a sharp knife, cut mixture into 6 bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap, waxed paper, or small zipper seal bags. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2011/04/chocolate-cranberry-date-bars.html