Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Doughnuts
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 2 Tablespoons potato starch
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 Tablespoons dry instant chocolate pudding mix (or dry milk powder)
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' (icing) sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food colouring
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a Doughnut Pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the doughnut comes out clean.
- Let doughnuts sit for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together all ingredients (except the mini chocolate chips).
- Frost cooled doughnuts, and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2013/03/gluten-free-chocolate-mint-doughnuts.html