Strawberry Rhubarb Pops
Author: Jeanine Friesen
Recipe type: Frozen Treats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (355 ml) Sprite, 7-up, or club soda
- Place the first 4 ingredients into a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is tender. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Spoon cooked mixture and balsamic vinegar into a blender. Blend until smooth. Stir in the Sprite or 7-Up.
- Pour into ice pop molds or paper cups. Insert sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Run molds briefly under warm water to release pops.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2013/06/strawberry-rhubarb-pops.html