Gluten Free Caprese Pasta Salad
Author: Jeanine Friesen
Recipe type: Salad
- 500 grams (1.1 pounds) gluten-free Penne pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup canola oil (or other neutral flavour oil)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 3/4 cup (140 grams) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Cook the pasta according to manufacturer's instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Pour over the chopped tomato, and stir to coat. Let sit until the pasta is done cooking.
- Drain the pasta, and rinse under hot running water. Just rinse for a few seconds, it is best if the pasta is still a little warm when it is tossed with the dressing.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped basil and stir to evenly coat the pasta with the sauce. Stir in the cubed mozzarella cheese.
- Serve immediately, or chill and serve cold.
I used Suzie's Gluten-Free Corn Pasta (GMO Free) that I bought at Costco in Manitoba, Canada.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2013/08/gluten-free-caprese-pasta-salad.html