Gluten Free Pancake Muffins
Author: Jeanine Friesen
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch (not flour)
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup add-ins (chocolate chips, chopped fruit, nuts, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup to 2/3 full, and sprinkle the add-ins on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops bounce back when gently pressed.
- Let muffins stand for 5 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container. Pancake Muffins can be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Recipe by The Baking Beauties at http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/2013/09/gluten-free-pancake-muffins.html